[Catalyst] Catalyst Book Authoring

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 16:06:48 CEST 2006

On 22/08/06, Tobias Kremer <t at funkreich.de> wrote:

> There has been some discussion about a Catalyst book a while back on the
> list and if my memory serves me well, O'Reilly was not interested which
> I don't really understand because Catalyst is one of the best things
> that ever happened to Perl lately and there are quite a lot of O'Reilly
> Ruby On Rails books for instance.
>
> I think some printed stuff would make Catalyst a lot more accessible and
> wider known - which is almost always a good thing!

So, who's gonna do it? :)

There's kind of a plan to do an edited book on an open documentation licence
kind of like the TT book ( which is basically repackaged docs with more
examples).  I'd kind of volunteered to do this.  The goal is to have
something more well formed after the next advent calendar at christmas time.

In the absence of funding or a publishers advance it ain't going to be
quicker than that, but there's a lot of material there - it just needs to be
reorganised and expanded a little.

Toby