[Catalyst] Using exceptions in Catalyst?

Nate Wiger nwiger at scea.com
Wed Aug 23 20:09:32 CEST 2006

I'm wondering what people think the "best practices" are for handling
exceptions in Catalyst. The project I'm working on has a number of
modules by different programmers, and not all are written within
Catalyst (ie, they are external modules).

Is it best to have these throw exceptions, then catch them in Catalyst
and use $c->error? Is something like Error.pm suitable, or are there
better alternatives? Or are there completely different approaches?

-Nate