[Catalyst] Last Chance / Last Day: Web development platform contestand Perl / Catalyst

Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek rs at 474.at
Fri Dec 1 10:19:15 GMT 2006

Alvar Freude wrote:

> Perl IS NOT dead.
>
> But for people who are not part of the Perl community, it either looks dead
> (or only for some small shell scripting) or they don#t know it at all.

And then there's the people who just like to talk. Many of those who say
"Perl is ugly" the loudest haven't even seen a real Perl project in
their whole life. They're just passing along the jokes about Perl
because they want to be part of the group.

I even heard "Perl?! With that ugly sytax?!" from people who haven't
written more than 500 lines of code in their entire life. The biggest
problem that Perl has at the moment (imho) is not the lack of positive
marketing, but the people working against it, for whatever reason.

gr.,
Robert