[Catalyst] Re: Last Chance / Last Day:Webdevelopmentplatformcontestand Perl / Catalyst

Dan Dascalescu ddascalescu+catalyst at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 00:13:25 GMT 2006

> The tutorial should start thinking that the beginners don't know anything,
> and finish with examples that should show everything that Catalyst could do.

Totally agree with Octavian. From my experience as a co-author of
three C/C++ handbooks in Romanian, this is the way to go. Those who
know the details presented in the simple tutorials can skip over them.

Also from that experience I can say that the best testers of any
documentation are those new to its subject. I was a C-agnostic when I
started working with my ComSci professor on those handbooks, and my
very lack of knowledge helped the professor understand that his
complete knowledge was not sufficient if it was simply dumped in a
book. Having a neophyte go through the documentation and seeing where
they stumbled helped immensely in structuring the content in a
progressive manner.