[Catalyst] Re: Last Chance / Last Day: Web development platform contest and Perl / Catalyst

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 5 10:34:02 GMT 2006

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> Michael Reece wrote:
>> <cut>
>> click Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial:
>> http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Catalyst%3A%3AManual%3A%3ATutorial
>> and get a big "*Not found*" from search.cpan.org
>
> Well, we don't control search.cpan.org, so that's really not something
> we can help.

Nevertheless, it does mean that innocent potential users are being put
off. So irrespective of fault, it's worth trying to solve the problem.

Has anybody asked the CPAN people whether the problem can be fixed? Is
it just an out-of-date index?

Alternatively, I guess that that changing the link in Manual.pod to be
explicit about the manual's distribution would help CPAN find the
correct document. That seems like a sensible short-term workaround to me.

Cheers, Dave