[Catalyst] old versions of Catalyst on CPAN

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Sun Dec 3 11:11:17 GMT 2006

On Sunday 03 December 2006 04:49, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> P.S.: You didn't answer the question from my previous post, why should i
> nuke my cpan directory just because you made a naming mistake?

Because you want Catalyst to succeed, and be as intuitive as possible for new
users?

I detect (from the tone of your recent posts to the list) that you really want
to "hurt" Catalyst and Perl, and you're hanging on to the one piece of
leverage you have.  I suppose that's fine, but maybe you should add an
AnnoCPAN annotation to your old modules along the lines of "this is not here
for you to download, it's so I can feel good about myself" or something.
That way it would be clear to new users that haven't had to deal with the
exciting Catalyst politics yet.

Actually, it would be more constructive to funnel your hatered into
contributing to some competetor of Catalyst, rather than just being an ass on
CPAN and the mailing list.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway

--
package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
$,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,