[Catalyst] Re: old versions of Catalyst on CPAN

Sebastian Riedel sri-lists at oook.de
Sun Dec 3 11:54:43 GMT 2006

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> Well, I hadn't heard of Catalyst at that time, so I didn't have much say in
> the matter.

Maybe it would be more productive to let the developers that made the
change answer then?

> That said, the reasoning for the name change, I believe, was
> because there was a nice falling out between the people working on Catalyst,
> you, and the PAUSE admins.  In order to ensure that the Catalyst Core Team
> would continue to have the ability to update Catalyst without your
> permission, which you refused to give, Catalyst had to be renamed (PAUSE
> indexer technicality).If you had just turned over permission immediately
> and irrevocably, then a rename wouldn't have been necessary.

Thats completely untrue, the split (and renaming) happened in July,

    http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/catalyst/2006-July/008611.html

but the permissions were solved back in May.

    http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/catalyst/2006-May/007250.html

> In fact, the View::TT maintainership was never given to the Core Team, and
> that's why TT has had that annoying "Coldn't render ... " bug for so long.
> We wanted to fix it, but we didn't have Your Holy Permission to do so.

why would i just give away all my Perl modules?
That bug you mention was caused by your changes to the Catalyst
internals if i remember correctly...

> Details:
> http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/catalyst/2006-May/007250.html
>
> Anyway, I find it interesting that you have to ask me why the rename happened.
> It seems from that thread and other evidence that you were slightly involved.
> Hopefully this description refreshes your memory.

If only you had read it...

P.S.: Do i get flamed because i mentioned in #catalyst that i'm using
Ruby for now until Perl6 gets released? :(

--
sebastian