[Catalyst] old versions of Catalyst on CPAN

Tatsuhiko Miyagawa miyagawa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 12:28:38 GMT 2006

On 12/3/06, Jonathan Rockway <jon at jrock.us> wrote:

> I personally consider having any version other than the latest available on
> CPAN a bug.

I disagree. If there's an old version of the module available on CPAN,
diff tools work quite nicely to check what's changed between releases,
for instance:

http://search.cpan.org/diff?from=Catalyst-4.28&to=Catalyst-4.34

> I don't want to waste the mirror's space (these people are
> mirroring CPAN for free; I want it to be easy for them),

I agree that we don't want to waste the mirror space in general, but
keeping the old versions on CPAN doesn't necessary be a waste.

--
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa