[Catalyst] old versions of Catalyst on CPAN

Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek rs at 474.at
Sun Dec 3 17:44:28 GMT 2006

Jonathan Rockway said:
> I personally consider having any version other than the latest available
> on CPAN a bug.  I don't want to waste the mirror's space (these people are
> mirroring CPAN for free; I want it to be easy for them), nor do I want to
> confuse people looking for the version they should be starting with.
> Advanced users know to look for old versions on the backpan.

I certainly disagree on this part. I often look at the *documentation* of
older modules on CPAN, which makes some things much easier. And using the
tarballs on backpan for that is a PITA.

Personally, I'm on ++ for the "Release a new Catalyst dist with pointers
and deps" solution.

gr.,
Robert

--
# Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek
# Perl 5/Catalyst Developer in Hamburg, Germany