[Catalyst] Re: Last Chance /LastDay:Webdevelopmentplatformcontestand Perl / Catalyst

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at fcc.ro
Mon Dec 4 02:18:32 GMT 2006

> Honestly, your tackling this problem from a very ackward POV. When I
> had no clue about Catalyst I sure had difficulties and so on but they
> were primarily TT and DBIC issues. Catalyst itself always seemed
> pretty intuitive to me. There's something in your questioning that
> sets you appart from the regular Catalyst newbie group.
>
> I, for one, really like the Catalyst tutorial where it taught me
> Catalyst, some basic DBIC and TT in one go. If it wasn't laid out that
> way at the time I'd probably have thought that Catalyst wasn't
> "consolidated" enough or something to that effect.

Each one has its own way of learning.
I prefer to see a separate text that shows everything that an application
can do. That text will convince me that I will be able to do with that
application more than with others, but we are talking about tutorials here,
about texts used for learning Catalyst.

Of course I want to learn more than just using Catalyst, but for the moment
I want to learn using just Catalyst, and only after that I might (or not)
want to learn DBIx or other configuration modules.

Teddy