[Catalyst] old versions of Catalyst on CPAN

Dylan Vanderhoof DylanV at semaphore.com
Sun Dec 3 18:49:09 GMT 2006

> I personally consider having any version other than the
> latest available on
> CPAN a bug.  I don't want to waste the mirror's space (these
> people are
> mirroring CPAN for free; I want it to be easy for them), nor
> do I want to

Speaking as a very longtime CPAN mirror admin, we don't really give a
damn.  CPAN is tiny compared to any other F/OSS mirror on the face of
the planet, and most of us are mirroring multiple pieces of software,
not just CPAN.

I would rather older versions be readily available on every CPAN mirror
(Class::DBI and YAML anybody?) and have CPAN take 2G instead of the
whopping 2.7G it takes up on my hard drive now.

-Dylan