[Catalyst] Catalyst::Action::REST 0.30

Adam Jacob adam at stalecoffee.org
Mon Dec 4 00:49:48 GMT 2006

Catalyst::Action::REST 0.30 has been sent to CPAN.  You can get it here:

https://pause.perl.org/pub/PAUSE/authors/id/H/HO/HOLOWAY/Catalyst-Action-REST-0.30.tar.gz

While the indexers and mirrors are catching up.  Tons of improvements
are in this release, many of them suggested by Daisuke Maki.  (Thanks,
Daisuke!) They are:

 * Refactored Catalyst::Action::REST dispatching, so that it behaves
   like the rest of Catalyst.  New mechanism for overriding the default
   405 Not Implemented handler.

 * Automated HTTP OPTIONS support.  Will dynamically create the proper
   Allow header, just like we do for 405s.

 * Improved the Serialize/Deserialize Actions.  They now play nicely
   with other Actions, and are suitable for use on single methods.

 * Added a whole raft of new Serialization options.  JSON, Data::Denter,
   Data::Taxi, Storable, FreezeThaw, Config::General, PHP::Serializer
   and XML::Simple.

 * Requesting an unavailable serialization mechanism returns a 415
   Unsupported Media Type response.

 * Added better logic for selecting a Serializer.  In addition to
   setting the Content-Type header, we also honor the Accept header. On
   GET requests, you can utilize a "content-type" query parameter.

 * Documentation Improvements.

 * 83 Tests, 60+ of them new!

Have fun,

Adam