[Catalyst] problem with Reverse Proxy on top of Catalyst dev web server

Hermida, Leandro Leandro.Hermida at fmi.ch
Mon Dec 11 14:16:29 GMT 2006

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if I am doing something wrong - The Catalyst development
web server works great if I am connecting directly via port 3000 (i.e.
http://hostname:3000/).  I just set up a virtual host w/ reverse proxy
using apache on top of this so other users could see the web site with
an easy address (i.e. http://myapp/).

I get the nice Catalyst welcome page but it definitely hangs for a while
when loading the page and the graphics don't show.  Am I missing
something?

Here is the virtualhost in my http-vhosts.conf:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin leandro.hermida at fmi.ch
    DocumentRoot /home/hermida/MyApp/root
    ServerName myapp.fmi.ch
    ErrorLog /home/hermida/MyApp/logs/error_log
    ScriptLog /home/hermida/MyApp/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /home/hermida/MyApp/logs/access_log common

    <IfModule proxy_module>
        # Turn off proxy request because we do NOT want a forward proxy
        ProxyRequests Off
        ProxyPass         / http://hostname:3000/
        ProxyPassReverse  / http://hostname:3000/
    </IfModule>