[Catalyst] reference lib outside Catalyst web applicationdirectory

Dave Howorth dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 13 14:59:57 GMT 2006

Matt S Trout wrote:
> I'm asking why the web part can't be in the main app directory :)

I've been reading this thread with interest because Leandro's
description seems to fit my situation as well. This seems like a pretty
lame response. Does it mean that Catalyst can't be configured to live in
a separate place from the bulk of the 'business' logic?

The ability to put different bits of an application suite in different
places is a pretty useful capability for application designers. If every
framework said that it was going to be top of the tree, life would be
difficult, IMHO. I still have nightmares about all the event-driven
frameworks that assumed *they* were going to be the one that had control
of the select/poll loop, for example.

The ability to separate concerns is a fundamental strategy in software
engineering.

Or am I misunderstanding?

Cheers, Dave