[Catalyst] reference lib outside Catalyst web applicationdirectory

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 16:11:43 GMT 2006

On 12/13/06, Dave Howorth <dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Matt S Trout wrote:
> > I'm asking why the web part can't be in the main app directory :)
>
> I've been reading this thread with interest because Leandro's
> description seems to fit my situation as well. This seems like a pretty
> lame response. Does it mean that Catalyst can't be configured to live in
> a separate place from the bulk of the 'business' logic?

Yes, it can be separated any way you like.  All of the above ideas in
this discussion are just matters of preference and/or policy.  You can
put your cat app anywhere with respect to the rest of your business
logic and other related scripts and modules, you'll just need to take
the appropriate steps to get @INC set up correctly for however you've
laid things out, so that cat can find your business logic.

I typically put commandline scripts, database maintenance stuff, and
my DBIx::Class schema in a seperate directory parallel with the
related cat app, and stuff @INC via FindBin at the top of the scripts.

-- Brandon