[Catalyst] 404 Not Found

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 20 19:45:51 GMT 2006

--- Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have made the following controller:
>
> package TranzactiiBursiere::Controller::Bunatati;
>
> use strict;
> use warnings;
> use base 'Catalyst::Controller';
>
> sub bunatati : General {
>     my ( $self, $c ) = @_;
> $c->res->body("okokok");
> }
>
> 1;
>
> I have tried to access:
> http://www.domain-name.ro/bunatati
>
> But it just prints a 404 Not Found error.
>
> Instead of "sub bunatati : General {" I have also
> tried:
>
> sub bunatati : Path {
>
> Normally it should match the namespace, so it should
> print "okokok" when
> accessing /bunatati.
> Why doesn't it work?
>
> I have seen that the following error is printed in
> the error log:
>
> [Wed Dec 20 19:55:28 2006] [error] [client
> 127.0.0.1] Negotiation:
> discovered file(s) matching request:
> E:/web/TranzactiiBursiere/root/bunatati
> (None could be negotiated).
>
> There is a file named bunatati.tt in the /root which
> is the template file,
> and I don't know why Apache tries to "negociate" it
> or something like that.
>
> I have renamed that file and now the program doesn't
> display a 404 Not Found
> Error, but the default action from the Root.pm
> controller.
>
> Why does it do that? What action should I use in
> "Bunatati.pm" controller in
> order to have the priority?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Octavian

Hi,

You might find it easier to get started with Catalyst
by running the development server instead of trying to
run under apache right from the start.  It's actually
pretty robust, I have three applications running in
house for light load duty.  Add in Sqlite and PAR and
you got some easy to deploy web applications.

>From the output I don't think that's a catalyst error,
I don't think Apache is running catalyst correctly.

The dev server gives you lots of useful debug output
btw, it's really your best plan to start with.

Also, I'm not sure I know what the :General attribute
is doing, is that in the documentation?

Let us know how it goes.

--john