[Catalyst] 404 Not Found

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 07:15:44 GMT 2006

> Hi,
>
> You might find it easier to get started with Catalyst
> by running the development server instead of trying to
> run under apache right from the start.  It's actually
> pretty robust, I have three applications running in
> house for light load duty.  Add in Sqlite and PAR and
> you got some easy to deploy web applications.

I have tried it, and of course it works, but it doesn't work with Apache
right.
Apache sees a file named bunatati.tt in /root and I cannot access
http://localhost/bunatati because of that.

If I change the name of that template file, the program works fine, but I
don't think it is normal to happen this way.

I guess that Apache tries a kind of document language negociation and
assumes that .tt is a certain language of that document.

I have seen that starting with apache 2, this is possible and we can put
files like index.html.en, index.html.fr, index.html.ro, and access them just
by index.html, and depending on the prefered languages of the browser, the
right document is shown.... or something like that.

I guess this is trying Apache to do, and that's why it doesn't work.

Teddy