[Catalyst] SchemaLoader?

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 17:17:18 GMT 2006

On 12/24/06, Octavian Rasnita <orasnita at gmail.com> wrote:
> Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x237e190, Perl interpreter:
> 0x274324 at
> D:/usr/site/lib/DBIx/Class/Schema/Loader/Base.pm line 501.

These errors are not usually errors per se - just warnings. And
everything ends up working correctly. Either way, reinstalling a newer
DBI version should do away with some of those.

> I have tried to reinstall DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader because it might be
> wrong installed, but I couldn't do it because it uses the module
> IO::Tty
> and I couldn't install that module under Windows.

This is pretty weird because I've the latest
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader version (0.03009) installed here on my
Windows machine and I don't have IO::Tty installed (since that's not
even possible under Win32). And it's working like charm.

Are you sure you're correctly installing it (perl -MCPAN -e "install
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader") and using a good CPAN mirror?

> So unfortunately I cannot use the Catalyst helper module for creating the
> Scheme under Windows.

Well, I use it almost on a daily basis and it works pretty well.
You're probably doing something wrong along the way. Maybe if you send
us a complete install log as output by CPAN install we could help you
a bit more.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.