[Catalyst] How do I pull out HTML::Widget result values?

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 26 18:01:30 GMT 2006

This is throwing me down the stairs. I'm trying to pull out individual form element values to do things with. I have a working form with settings like:

==============
my $w = $c->widget('write_msg_form')->method('post');
$w->element('Textfield', 'sndr_email' )->label('Email')->size(50)->value('');
<snip>
my $result = $w->process($c->req);
<snip>
$c->stash->{widget_result} = $w->result;

In my tt template this works fine:

[% widget_result.container %]

But nothing I've tried has successfully retrieved stuff like the value of the sndr_email field. (Trying to follow doc for HTML::Widget::Result, but I'm having a disconnect going from the generically presented lists of methods to actual correctly formatted perl.) How to do this?

/dennis