[Catalyst] What to use ? HTML::Widget ? Data::FormValidator ? etc...

Alexandre Jousset mid at gtmp.org
Thu Dec 28 11:39:46 GMT 2006

	Hello dear list,

	I'm currently in the early stage of writing a Catalyst application (in
fact redesigning a non-Catalyst one) and I'm wondering what plugins to use.

	I've already written Catalyst applications successfully but for this
one I've decided those constraints :

	- Use TT as view
	- Use a form validator
	- Not necessarily use a widget creation plugin
	- I18n
	- Reuse the most possible code / templates and be very modular

	In fact I have some precise questions, but advices are welcome:

	1) I've searched the HTML::Widget docs and ML archives to look for i18n
stuff but found nothing :-( I subscribed to the ML but before asking
them the question, can you tell me if HTML::Widget is the Right Plugin
(new TM) for my application?

	2) Doesn't HTML::Widget break the MVC model by putting part of the view
creation in the code?

	3) If HTML::Widget is not the Right Plugin to use, what other plugin
should I use?

	4) And, more generally, what is the best practice to use i18n with the
constraints above? What could you counsel me?

	I understand that some questions could seem OT but this is really a
Catalyst design problem.

	Thanks!
--