[Catalyst] [Task] Building a better JavaScript (AJAX) toolkit

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 22:23:18 CET 2006

On 2/2/06, Kevin Old <kevinold at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with Marcus that we should write a true perlish wrapper around
> whatever we choose.

We probably could use a standardized interface to widget-like things
with callbacks and whatnot, which could be used for HTML form things
like HTML::Widget as well as more complex items like full-on ajax
autocomplete or dragdrop widgets and so on with callback requests.
Then C::P::HTML::Widget, and C::P::Prototype, C::P::MochiKit,
C::P::Dojo, etc can all follow some conventions and be used relatively
interchangeably (or at least, switching between them depending on your
needs for a given app/page wouldn't be very hard).  I don't know if
that's very easy or even feasible though.

-- Brandon