[Catalyst] Is it normal to have lots of trouble installing catalyst?

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Feb 7 20:04:23 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:24:35AM -0800, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> I'm just asking for people experiences trying to
> install catalyst.  I've done a lot of web searches and
> all I get is that using catalyst is as easy as having
> a modern version of perl and typing "perl -MCPAN
> -e'install Task::Catalyst'" but that hasn't been the
> case for me.

CPANPLUS seems to help most people. Me, I tend to use CPAN, and can
comfortably get Task::Catalyst installed in 3-4 hours on cygwin and
substantially less on other platforms, although there is often liberal
cursing involved in the process. I keep meaning to have a play with
cleaning it up, but tuits are lacking as always.