[Catalyst] Is it normal to have lots of trouble installing catalyst?

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 05:33:34 CET 2006

I'm going to try again from the start with ubuntu
linux and a clean perl setup (the default 5.8.7 that
comes with ubuntu) and try to keep better notes.

I didn't try catinaabox because (to be really blunt)
the catalyst website told me it was really easy to
install using CPAN Task::Catalyst and I'm only now
hearing about this option.  I am going to look into it
before I do this fresh install.

I have to say this problem doesn't seem restricted to
just Catalyst.  On Cento4.2 and fedoracore2 I could
even upgrade CPAN with "install Bundle::CPAN" without
generating tons of errors.  I know that the Perl
community likes to reuse a lot, which is great, but
these dependencies make installing stuff harder and
harder, which is bad since I came to perl for the
"Easy things stay easy and hard things are possible"
mantra.

I've tried both CPAN and CPANPLUS.  CPANPLUS has less
trouble and it also lets me get around all the "GPG
key not valid" errors so I am just going to use that
going forward as I try to test.  I'll report back to
the group when I have a bit more info.

--john

http://testers.cpan.org/show/Task-Catalyst.html#Task-Catalyst-1.50

http://testers.cpan.org/show/Catalyst.html#Catalyst-5.63