[Catalyst] Is it normal to have lots of trouble installing catalyst?

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Wed Feb 8 06:04:30 CET 2006

08.02.2006 05:37 John Napiorkowski:

> As I am on Ubuntu I am really tempted to use the stuff
> I am finding on
> "http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-catalyst/"
> which seems pretty up to date

Exactly!!! We have packages for most linux distributions and ports
for *bsd.
CPAN.pm/CPANPLUS is for those that know how to use it and why.

> but I'd really like to
> help out solving the installing from CPAN(PLUS) thing,
> since that is what all the advocacy is talking about.

Who?

> Right now Catalyst is nowhere as easy to setup and get
> programming as is Zope or RubyonRails (and is about as
> difficult as setting up my EJB containers) which is a
> problem I'd like to help a little to solve.

What you are complaining about is CPAN (and it's tools), this
discussion has nothing todo with Catalyst, it would be much more
productive to move it to the p5p list since it's a general problem.

--
sebastian