[Catalyst] DBIC vs CDBI

catalyst at isidore.net catalyst at isidore.net
Wed Feb 8 15:25:38 CET 2006

So somewhere in the past few weeks while debugging a CDBI problem I vaguely remember seeing it mentioned that CDBI was obsolete in favor of DBIC. However, the CDBI wiki doesn't say anything of the sort, nor the CDBI perldocs. My first few attempts at trying to use DBIC have been less than satisfactory. Generated classes don't automatically setup relationships, there's no obvious ->retrieve function, and it just seems less friendly overall. So what's the official call about CDBI vs DBIC? Is CDBI really obsolete, and is DBIC really as hard to get working for a beginner as it appears coming from CDBI (Compat aside)?

I'm trying to convince a buddy of mine that DBIC is the way to go, but I think I need convincing first :-)

Thanks,
:goose