[Catalyst] Is it normal to have lots of trouble installing catalyst?

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Wed Feb 8 19:48:35 CET 2006

apv wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 8, 2006, at 05:53  AM, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
>> Spiffy? That doesn't seem right at all. 0.55+ doesn't have SPiffy as a
>> meta/makefile requirement at all.
> I thought it was weird too. It looks like it's because of Test::Base
> (0.50) which
> YAML (0.57) installs with and which does use Spiffy.
>
> -Ashley

<rant_bit_0x1/>
I'm getting quite tired of the "requirements" sections of modules
meta.yml/makefile.pl/build.pl being filled with things only related to
the test suites, and not the core module I'm trying to install.

I used to think requiring people to pass tests in order to consider
"make install" to continue install was a good thing. I was wrong.
<rant_bit_0x0/>