[Catalyst] Is it normal to have lots of trouble installing catalyst?

Nathan Kurz nate at verse.com
Wed Feb 8 20:15:32 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 01:48:35PM -0500, Christopher H. Laco wrote:
> <rant_bit_0x1/>
> I'm getting quite tired of the "requirements" sections of modules
> meta.yml/makefile.pl/build.pl being filled with things only related to
> the test suites, and not the core module I'm trying to install.
>
> I used to think requiring people to pass tests in order to consider
> "make install" to continue install was a good thing. I was wrong.
> <rant_bit_0x0/>

I don't think the problem is so much requiring a successful 'make
test' before 'make install' can be used, but with the tests
themselves.  While testing is a Good Thing, tests that have external
dependencies should be made optional rather than required.

Stil waiting for the day when I am made king,

--nate