[Catalyst] Oracle and models

Jody Alkema jalkema at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 04:39:47 CET 2006

Zach,

Regarding the Oracle and Class::DBI part of your question, some
Class::DBI::Sweet example code for Oracle was posted on the list in
August by andyg.
http://lists.rawmode.org/pipermail/catalyst/2005-August/001276.html
Basically, the advice is to manually define table classes rather than
use loader, but some loader code is posted and discussed too.

Something to consider before you focus on those
Class::DBI::Loader::Oracle errors.

Jody

On 2/8/06, Zach Thompson <cublai0wnz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started playing with Catalyst a few months ago and have been really
> impressed using it at home with FreeBSD/mysql.  I now am trying to get a
> small project going at work using Red Hat EH3/Oracle/perl5.8.7 and can't get
> either of the two major DB pardigms to work.
>
> It seems there really is no Oracle support using DBIx, correct? But when I
> try to create a model with CDBI I get "Couldn't require loader class
> "Class::DBI::Loader::Oracle", "Can't locate object method "set_sql" via
> package "Class::DBI::Oracle".  In fact, I get the same error testing with
> mysql from RH. Is there an issue using the helper scripts on RH or am I
> trying to use the script incorrectly, e.g. script/app_creat.pl model CDBI
> CDBI dsn:Oracle:tnsname user pass?
>
> Thanks,
> John

Jody Alkema