[Catalyst] ServerDB patches for new auth/auth/session plugins

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 05:51:13 CET 2006

Hey all,

In an attempt to understand the new
authntication/authorization/session plugins, I've made some patches to
the ServerDB example.  I' would appreciate it if someone could vet
this and tell me where I may have misunderstood the intention of the
new modules, or where things may be made simpler.  It seems to be
working for me...

I have avoided other updates that may also be desirable (changing
'req' to 'request', etc) and am willing to do these later if anyone
thinks it would be useful.  One other change I did make was to use
SQLite 3.x rather than 2.x.

My primary reference for this was the Advent Calendar entry 14:
http://catalyst.perl.org/calendar/2005/14.  If this looks reasonable,
I'll take a stab at updating the cookbook.

Enjoy...

dt

P.S.  If this isn't the right way to feed changes back to the
developers, please point me in the right direction.

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com