[Catalyst] ServerDB patches for new auth/auth/session plugins

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 16:47:29 CET 2006

On 2/8/06, Andy Grundman <andy at hybridized.org> wrote:

> Convert to DBIx::Class.

I like the idea of comparing Class::DBI and DBIx::Class
implementations.  If nothing else it should show how little difference
there is in the rest of the Cat app.  (Am I right about this?)

> 5.5 features (index, etc)

Being new enough to the scene I haven't looked closely at what was new in 5.5

> Catalyst::Model::Search.  This is only in trunk at the moment, was intended to
> be a generic search model that could replace the hacked-together Plucene support
> in the current ServerDB.  Better yet: dump Plucene completely in favor of
> something better, maybe Xapian.

I've gone ahead and removed the search altogether; it's a great
feature but it makes more sense to me to go back and re-implement
Plucene as a patch and describe how to add search.  That becomes easy
to adapt to search engine du jour.

I'm also going to do the stylistic changes that I've seen mentioned,
like using $c->request, etc.  How about the directory names C,M and V?
 I'm new enough to subversion that I don't know what form works best
for renaming subtrees (my CVS scars are showing!).  If you prefer that
can be a patch all by itself.

dt

--

Dean Troyer