[Catalyst] Re: Here's my shot at an app to install Catalyst

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 9 19:07:44 CET 2006

John Napiorkowski sayeth:
  > I know this shell script is a brain dead way to do this,
  > so I am looking for suggestions on how to improve it.

  Prompted by this whole thread, I looked at CPANPLUS for the
  first time, and checked docs. cpanp has a 'prereqs' flag. I
  don't know if he has to download the module and unpack to
  find the prereqs (it would be nice if he didn't have to d/l
  first)

  I had one hair-brained idea from that. Start with a known
  list of modules, such as Task::Catalyst, turn cpanp loose on
  it, create a set of data structures based on mods and their
  prereqs, then do a depth-first search on the data
  structures, and filter for %seen modules.

  Maybe CPAN::Unwind can do this already, I haven't had time
  to check it out yet. I just learned about that one from this
  thread, too. Either way, it might provide a function to keep
  up to date with the ever-shifting dependency landscape.

  /dennis