[Catalyst] External plugins

apv apv at sedition.com
Wed Feb 15 00:28:21 CET 2006

On Tuesday, February 14, 2006, at 03:11  PM, Brandon Black wrote:
> On 2/14/06, apv <apv at sedition.com> wrote:
>> I second this. This is something I was planning on doing for an app
>> already.
>> Not autoloading them sounds great. Being able to load them at run time
>> somehow would be even greater.
>
> The big reason not to autoload them like Components is of course that
> Plugin load-order matters for a lot of plugins.  I don't get the
> runtime loading thing though - you mean load them from controller code
> for a single request and then drop them?  Or more like load-on-demand
> from controller code, but leave it in once it has been used once?
The second. I'm envisioning a package that might have a couple hundred
optional plugins (contributed by various people so some would overlap
or clash) where each user would probably only want a handful or a
couple dozen turned on. Certainly never all of them.

I'm working on a Catalyst blog (no offense to the very nice Agave
project,
I just wanted to do it myself since I have for the last 5 years) and I
am
thinking a big pre-installed plugin list that users could activate
easily
without messing with another install process.

I haven't got to this part of the project yet though so it's all
speculation,
wish-list-ing.