[Catalyst] Fwd: Call for Papers Opens for ApacheCon Europe 2006

Andrew Ford A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 16:36:38 CET 2006

Matt S Trout wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 03:13:18PM +0000, Andrew Ford wrote:
>
>> I saw this as I was on my way out to the Birmingham.pm meeting last
>> night and was thinking about submitting a proposal for a session
>> myself.  If noone more experienced wants to do this then I would be
>> happy to dot it.  I need to work out what exactly to cover -- probably a
>> rapid introduction with some demos, general advocacy for Catalyst, Perl
>> and CPAN generally followed by examples of some of the more cool
>> features -- but there is plenty of time to prepare and hone a good
>> talk.   I could try out the talk at the next pm meeting in March and
>> also give it at YAPC::Europe, which of course is going to be hosted by
>> Birmingham.pm this year.
>>

> Any update yet on when YAPC::EU is going to happen? Or at least the call for
> papers? Being as for once it's a con that's actually on the same landmass
> as I am I was planning to turn up to that one :)

Barbie was playing it close to his chest.  Apparently Aston University
cocked up on the venue front and the organizing committee is in contract
negotiations with another venue, but they don't want to say anything
before it is signed and sealed.  I suspect that won't be long though.

Andrew

--
Andrew Ford,  Director    Pauntley Prints / Ford & Mason Ltd
A.Ford at ford-mason.co.uk   South Wing Compton House