[Catalyst] error when installing Catalyst

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at fcc.ro
Sun Feb 26 12:00:22 CET 2006

Hi,

I have tried following Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial POD for installing
Catalyst (I have never used Catalyst until now), with the single exception
that I have installed Catalyst (latest version) using ppm (under Windows).

But it gave me an error when trying:

E:\web> catalyst MyApp

The error is:

"use_weak_refs" is not exported by the Tree::Simple module
Can't continue after import errors at E:/usr/site/lib/Catalyst.pm line 21
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at E:/usr/site/lib/Catalyst.pm line 21.
Compilation failed in require at E:/usr/site/lib/Catalyst/Helper.pm line 62.
--

I have seen that the line 21 of Catalyst.pm is:

use Tree::Simple qw/use_weak_refs/;

But I have also seen that Tree::Simple doesn't contain anything like
"use_weak_refs".

What can I do to be able to install Catalyst? Is this a bug in Catalyst?

Thank you.

Teddy