[Catalyst] How can we parse the path in catalyst

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Tue Feb 28 20:28:50 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 11:06:34AM -0800, Len Jaffe wrote:
> > Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> > if you started off
> > saying "how can I make
> > Catalyst power my site" rather than "how can I make
> > my nasty hacks round
> > Maypole's lack of features work under Catalyst" I
> > think you'd be doing a
> > lot better.
>
> Matt S Trout is an agry fellow. :-)

No, just pointing out that trying to use the framework for what it is is
always going to be easier than trying to duplicate features it already has
in a manner oriented around the model of something that doesn't.

I used Maypole before I came to Catalyst; when I port things I usually
find I can throw things like parse_path away because the Catalyst :Path,
:Regex etc. dispatch attributes allow you to implement everything it can
do and then some in a much more convenient fashion.