[Catalyst] Catalyst::Engine::HTTP::POE

Andy Grundman andy at hybridized.org
Tue Jan 3 20:37:53 CET 2006

Andy Grundman wrote:
> Kaare Rasmussen wrote:
>
>> On popular demand, I've written an updated CAHP. It's working with
>> 5.61 in my setup, so I'd like others to test it and tell me what I
>> missed.
>

> I've updated the HTTP::POE engine in svn with your version.  Good work!
> Bug me or mst in IRC later and we'll give you svn access.
>
> I also added the full Cat test suite to it, but unfortunately it seems
> to hang on the first test.  I tried a few requests with a browser and it
> seemed to work there, though.  To run the test suite:

Just an update on this... I've been hacking on this today and managed to get it
to pass many of the Cat tests.  But the bad news is that I think a
PoCo::Server::HTTP implementation is never going to handle streaming
input/output properly.  I was able to hack in 'fake' streaming output support,
fake because it waits to send all data to the client until Catalyst is done
processing.

I'm going to start looking at a lower-level implementation that can support
proper in/out streaming.

-Andy