[Catalyst] Re: Three DBIC Auth/Authz questions -- Sorted!

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Wed Jan 11 09:34:25 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 15:07:13 -0800, Dennis Daupert wrote:
>   This brings up a thought. I have been confused about where to place  subroutines at times; documentation often says, "And in a controller  somewhere...." More explicit directions in module docs regarding sub  placement would probably help a lot of folks.

Can you add this to e.g.
http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/wiki/DocumentationAudit, say as a note
on the bottom?

>   Yuval, if I might be allowed to praise your documentation, I find yours  to be among the clearest and most informative. I especially benefit  from the many code examples which flesh out things like method calls  and explanations of functions. In module docs that do not supply any  code examples I find myself wondering about syntax; I'm sure I'm not  the only one on that. Some people on this newsgroup have identified  improved documentation as their new year's wish, and I would like to  chime in on that.

Thanks for the compliments =)

The doc issue is being dealt with by some very competent
individuals, who sadly don't have as much time.

I'd like to use this occasion to urge everyone to review the
documentation audit page and also edit it.

 /\  kung foo master: /me sushi-spin-kicks : neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!