[Catalyst] Caching problem?

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Wed Jan 11 17:55:41 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 08:47:54AM -0800, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum wrote:
>   I have a Catalyst application that does the usual database thingies. I
>   just learned that when database info changes, the pages arent getting
>   updated because theyre being cached, so if someone goes to
>   www.mysite.com/catalog/view/242, they get the same content even if
>   things have changed. Users can "reload" in the browser and get the
>   right content.
>
>   Whats the easiest way that this doesnt happen?

You can set the response headers:
Cache-control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache

$c->response->headers->header( ’Cache-control’ => 'no-cache' );
$c->response->headers->header( ’Pragma’ => 'no-cache' );

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world