[Catalyst] Can't infer join condition

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 13:23:36 CET 2006

Sometimes I hate perl/cpan/mystical dependencies, I've stuffed myself
somewhere.

I was having some problems, so I've got a totally clean install of Perl
5.8.7, and I've just spend the morning re-installing all required
modules and their dependencies.

Does anyone know what might cause the following error?

---- cut here ----
chisel at zombie parley $ ./script/parley_server.pl -r
Too late to run INIT block at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Class/C3.pm line 52.
Couldn't load "Parley::Model::ParleyDB::Person", "Can't infer join condition for authentication on Parley::Model::ParleyDB::Person; Parley::Model::ParleyDB::Authentication has no primary keys at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Module/Pluggable/Fast.pm line 82
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Module/Pluggable/Fast.pm line 82.
" at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Module/Pluggable/Fast.pm line 84.
Compilation failed in require at ./script/parley_server.pl line 49.
chisel at zombie parley $
---- cut here ----

I know that the table does have a primary key, it's always been
there and I've not suddenly removed it.

---- cut here ----
chisel at zombie parley $ psql -U parley -c '\d authentication'
                                        Table "public.authentication"
      Column       |  Type   |                                   Modifiers
 authentication_id | integer | not null default nextval('public.authentication_authentication_id_seq'::text)
 username          | text    | not null
 password          | text    | not null
 authenticated     | boolean | not null default false
    "authentication_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (authentication_id)
    "authentication_username_key" UNIQUE, btree (username)

chisel at zombie parley $