[Catalyst] Transactions with mysql - can't locate db_Main

Allen S. Rout asr at ufl.edu
Fri Jan 20 23:56:49 CET 2006

>> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 17:18:42 +0000, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> said:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 08:47:00AM -0500, Allen S. Rout wrote:
>>
>> Matt, I'd enjoy hearing about why you prefer to build your own format,
>> rather than using or elaborating SQL::Translator for the purpose?

> Last time round, I didn't use SQL::Translator because I didn't know it
> existed :)

That's a fine reason.  It's the same one I used when I invented a
bunch of these neat round things, that, like 'roll' and stuff...
while trying to turn a TSM database (proprietary IBM thingy) into a
MySQL database.

> This time round I will - although DBIx::Class will maintain the schema as
> a tree of DBIx::Class::ResultSource objects, because it needs rather more
> metadata than SQLT provides and because SQLT needn't care about things like
> virtual (DBIC-layer) views, column inflation, etc. etc.

Makes sense.  I'm glad there's not something hideous about SQL::T I
didn't know about.

- Allen S. Rout