[Catalyst] Class::DBI::ViewLoader::Pg in model helper tools

Matthew Lawrence matthew.lawrence at ehsbrann.com
Wed Jan 25 12:23:02 CET 2006

Gavin Henry wrote:
> <quote who="Chisel Wright">
>
>>On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 11:51:11AM -0000, Gavin Henry wrote:
>>
>>>Dear List,
>>>
>>>Is it possible to add this Loader when creating Models?
>>>
>>>I noticed last night when using Catalyst::Enzyme that it missed some of
>>>my
>>>Postgresql views.
>>
>>OK, I work with the author of this module. He's out-of-office this
>>week, but having a quick look around our work repository, he has
>>SomeApp::M::SomeAppDB which looks something like the pasted code below.
>>
>>There might be better ways, but I guess this works for him.
>>
>>Chisel
>

> Thanks Chisel. I really meant for the commandline tools to include this
> too? Like a view option or something?

I had intended to provide a helper interface to this when I wrote it,
but I never got around to it after the initial phase of getting it
working. I've since been called away from that particular project.

If and when I implement a generic ViewLoader helper for Catalyst, I'll
certainly release it on CPAN. Until then, feel free to implement and
release it yourself. ;)

Matt