[Catalyst] JSON instead of YAML?

Matthew Lawrence matthew.lawrence at ehsbrann.com
Wed Jan 25 18:45:07 CET 2006

James FitzGibbon wrote:
> Well, that's not entirely fair.  If you read the Spiffy docs, it is quite
> explicit that this is a caveat of using Spiffy, that it must be loaded
> before base.pm, and provides a workaround:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~ingy/Spiffy-0.29/lib/Spiffy.pm#USING_Spiffy_WITH_bas
> e.pm

That's true, but that doesn't mean that it's not crack-fuelled. I fail
to see what Spiffy gains by dicking around with base::import. Sure, you
can say:

use base qw( Spiffy::Module ); # Spiffy::Module needn't be a real module

instead of:

use Spiffy::Module -base; # Spiffy::Module must be in the filesystem

Why is it so important that Spiffy is able to be loaded via use base?
Why can't it do something that doesn't run the risk of messing with
other modules?

use Spiffy -base;

__PACKAGE__->load_spiffy_base('non::module');
__PACKAGE__->load_spiffy_mixin(qw( X Y Z ));

Matt