[Catalyst] Current state of catalyst debs / rpms

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Thu Jan 26 00:54:29 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 02:38:59PM -0800, Max Demian wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> There was a good discussion of this on the wishlist 2006 thread but I'm
> curious as to how people are managing their catalyst install in a production
> environment (especially one where using cpan or cpanp is verboten)
[snip]
> I suppose this is fairly general to perl and not really specific to catalyst
> but I assume that alot of catalyst folks have had to deal with this. How is
> everyone else handling it?

It is a bit of a pain to have to upgrade loads of modules, but Gentoo's g-cpan
does a reasonable job (although it needs help on a couple of modules), or you
can use Michele's overlay. I recently installed Catalyst onto a fresh Perl
install, and using that overlay, the whole process was fast and almost totally
automatic - and all the modules are handled in Gentoo's package management
now.

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world