[Catalyst] [RFC] Catalyst::ConfigLoader -- load a config from various formats

Sebastian Riedel sri at oook.de
Thu Jan 26 12:25:01 CET 2006

26.01.2006 05:23 Brian.cassidy:

> Hi All,
>
> I've worked on a pluggable arbitrary config file loader for the
> Catalyst core. Attached is a patch with the .pm files and a bunch
> of tests. It's possible i've forgotten something, it's late. :)
>
> So far it can load: INI, Perl, YAML, XML and JSON
>
> Comments welcome.

You missed the point a bit, what we really need is a sane default
config format for the core.
All other formats can be easily added with plugins.

Most of us still prefer YAML, but one parser uses Spiffy and the
other has XS prereqs.
Maybe the best solution is to release and use YAML::Frozen::039.

You should move this to a Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader dist, just
like our session framework (Catalyst::Plugin::Session).

--
sebastian