[Catalyst] [RFC] Catalyst::ConfigLoader -- load a config from various formats

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu Jan 26 15:40:43 CET 2006

Brandon Black wrote:
> Yeah, I have a YAML::Frozen::039 in
> http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/trunk/YAML-Frozen-039, based
> on the same kinds of techniques as Class::DBI::Frozen:301.
>
> Just needs a bit of validation before releasing, I hacked it up last
> night just before I went to bed.

If you guys are going to keep doing this sort of thing (duplicating CPAN
modules to work around the lack of support for specific versions in the
CPAN shell) you should really consider talking to p5p about changing the
tools to support the way you want to work.  The need to use specific
versions of CPAN modules will always be there, so you either need your
own installation mechanism that can handle specific versions (that's
what I do) or changes in the CPAN shell and CPAN bundles to handle it.
There's nothing wrong with forking a module, but installing specific
versions can be solved in better ways.

- Perrin