[Catalyst] [RFC] Catalyst::ConfigLoader -- load a config from various formats

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Jan 26 16:37:44 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 09:40:43AM -0500, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> Brandon Black wrote:
> >Yeah, I have a YAML::Frozen::039 in
> >http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/trunk/YAML-Frozen-039, based
> >on the same kinds of techniques as Class::DBI::Frozen:301.
> >
> >Just needs a bit of validation before releasing, I hacked it up last
> >night just before I went to bed.
>
> If you guys are going to keep doing this sort of thing (duplicating CPAN
> modules to work around the lack of support for specific versions in the
> CPAN shell) you should really consider talking to p5p about changing the
> tools to support the way you want to work.  The need to use specific
> versions of CPAN modules will always be there, so you either need your
> own installation mechanism that can handle specific versions (that's
> what I do) or changes in the CPAN shell and CPAN bundles to handle it.
> There's nothing wrong with forking a module, but installing specific
> versions can be solved in better ways.

If you can think of a better way that allows all apps on the system to get
the main version except those that specifically

use YAML::Frozen::039;

or similar, why don't you tell us what it is rather than merely hinting at
such a thing existing? If such a better way was obvious to us, we'd already
be using it :)