[Catalyst] Session problem

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Thu Jan 26 22:34:30 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 22:29:47 +0100, Wijnand Wiersma wrote:
> Yuval Kogman wrote:
> >I think the issue is that older versions of Static::Simple would
> >clash with the session stuff. Try putting Static::Simple at the end
> >of the plugin list, and see if that helps. If it does, upgrade. Andy
> >says this was fixed in version 0.12 of the plugin.
> >
> That didn't help.

Please paste full logs and a code snippet.

If you can, try to create a standalone application that recreates
this problem.

> >Do you have specific requests for documentation improvement? That
> >would help us improve them.
> >
> No, it is a just big maze for beginners and that has been said before on this list.
> Only working example applications that are not as simple as the ones in the documentation give good examples.
> But only reading other applications is not enough, it is still very hard to understand every bit.
> I guess that is something beginners see but the more experienced people think it is all so obvious so they don't know how to improve it ;-)

What about a session tutorial? Instead of an example application
it'll be a 1/2 - 1 page description (not including code) on writing
a simple session driven application, covering the usage aswell the
concept, and describing the behavior at a higher level than the way
the docs specify.

Does that sound helpful? It'll take me about an hour of work.

 /\  kung foo master: /me beats up some cheese: neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!