[Catalyst] Session problem

Wijnand Wiersma wijnand at nedbsd.nl
Thu Jan 26 22:57:17 CET 2006

Yuval Kogman wrote:
> Please paste full logs and a code snippet.
>
> If you can, try to create a standalone application that recreates
> this problem.

I will try to get it soon.
>>> Do you have specific requests for documentation improvement? That
>>> would help us improve them.
>>>

>> No, it is a just big maze for beginners and that has been said before on this list.
>> Only working example applications that are not as simple as the ones in the documentation give good examples.
>> But only reading other applications is not enough, it is still very hard to understand every bit.
>> I guess that is something beginners see but the more experienced people think it is all so obvious so they don't know how to improve it ;-)
>>

> What about a session tutorial? Instead of an example application
> it'll be a 1/2 - 1 page description (not including code) on writing
> a simple session driven application, covering the usage aswell the
> concept, and describing the behavior at a higher level than the way
> the docs specify.
>
> Does that sound helpful? It'll take me about an hour of work.

It does, but I was referring to the whole catalyst thingie, not just
sessions.

Clear beginners documentation is lacking, or getting old already.
For example: the scaffolding movies etc are all based on Class::DBI, but
that is not used much anymore if I read the lists correctly.
Oh well, it could also be me being to dumb ;-)

Wijnand