[Catalyst] Error handling strategy wrt /end

Phil Mitchell phil at 2people.org
Thu Jan 26 23:43:48 CET 2006

My actions all have an eval block that lets me catch and handle exceptions
thrown by my model classes. What this leaves out is any exceptions that
arise once the work is handed off to the TT view -- in /end. What this means
is that for most errors, I provide a nice error message; but if TT dies, the
user gets the generic catalyst error screen. Not nice.

I could catch these exceptions by explicitly forwarding to /end inside each
eval cage, but that kind of defeats the point of having the /end action.
Also, I don't want to use TT try/catch blocks, bc I want the error handling
all in one place.

Curious to know how other people approach error handling.