[Catalyst] Bugfree development release?

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 00:21:19 CEST 2006

On 7/3/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> I thought I said "this probably works but it should be documented and tested".
> Generally that means "it's unsupported unless you write said docs and tests" :)

At the time it really meant: "Code it already and you can finally be
free to go home for today". ;-)

> One "OMG the app doesn't work" error is enough to block a DBIC release - hence
> why we tend to take a few dev releases before we bother marking one RC quality.
>
> This is a complete pain in the ass and I take no pleasure whatsoever in the
> amount of fucking about that results for the maints. But this thing talks to
> you guys' production databases and quite a few of our clients' as well, so
> it's not like we have an alternative.

I'm really glad you've got this sort of commitment to DBIC users. I
think this makes everyone feel like they can really depend on DBIC
(and Catalyst). I hope both projects stay this way.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.